A massage after a long day from school or work can provide us with great relief from stress. Knots in our shoulders and back can cause tightness and discomfort, which makes us more tired. Good thing, scheduling a massage therapy session or coming home to a massage chair can ease up the tension from our muscles, making us feel relaxed and soothed.
Massage is a soft tissue manipulation with the use of hands, elbows, knees, or a device. A trained professional known as a massage therapist can employ different techniques for soothing tired muscles. These are practiced in most cultures around the world and are used to manage health conditions and enhance wellness. The most common form of massage is the classical or Swedish massage, which is a core to most massage training programs. Massage is also commonly used in athletics and clinical settings to ease muscle spasms. Physical therapy, for instance, uses massages to stimulate the muscles and the nerves of the body part that is being rehabilitated.
The Benefits of Massage Chairs
For those who don’t want to leave their home, massage chairs are a good option. These are also ideal for busy people who have no time to schedule massage sessions or visit their therapist. Imagine having to relax at the comfort of your home while watching your favorite movies. Ain’t that nice? Some brands known in the market are Infinity massage chairs, Luraco, Dreamwave, and Osaki among others.
Owning a massage chair can save you the time and money from getting an appointment from spas and massage therapists. Other than that, there are additional benefits to getting a massage chair:
- It reduces stress and anxiety on a physical and psychological level. Massage chairs can help lower heart rate and regulate blood pressure. This, in turn, helps improve cardiovascular health.
- It also gives a good feeling because serotonin and dopamine are released. This helps overcome chronic and acute stress.
- It improves mood by releasing more “feel good” chemicals and balances one’s mood. The boosted serotonin levels released is converted to melatonin, which aids in better sleep.
- Headaches can be lessened by massage chairs too. It relieves tension due to bad posture, sore back, tight neck, and eye strain, which contributes to tension headaches.
- Back pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide. Massage chairs can help lower risk and can provide lasting relief for chronic back pain.
- Massage therapy can also help improve flexibility, especially for people in advanced age experiencing osteoarthritis. The chair works on the muscles and connective tissues. It stimulates blood flow and keeps the joints less prone to injury.
- Massage chairs are good for skincare too. Massage invigorates the muscles which generate heat. This helps stimulates the skin to release toxins and impurities. Cell regeneration rate is also increased, and this helps heal the skin faster
- Improper posture can also affect our breathing. Massage can loosen back muscles and near the lungs. This helps in better breathing, lessening shortness of breath and increasing lung capacity.
There are more benefits to owning a massage chair than you might know. Its regular use can help improve your well being right at the comfort of your home. Owning a massage chair is a worthy investment and can be of great convenience in the long run.